Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Disclaimer

I'm a pretty live-and-let-live kinda gal. I will express my own opinions on things, but happily co-exist with those who do not share my views.

I will admit that I often have difficulties when people do stupid things that make my life difficult, but that's just the way it is. But when it comes to moral/ethical sorts of questions, as long as your point of view does not harm others and you do not try to foist your point of view on me, we'll get along just fine.

For example: if you are a vegetarian and want to eat vegetarian things, that's fine by me. I'll do my best to meet your dietary needs when you come over to dinner, and won't invite you next time I go out for some BBQ. However, if we go out to a place that will cater to both meat-eaters and vegetarians and I happen to choose the meat option don't get all nasty on me. I don't have a problem with eating meat myself. And with Sweetie's food allergies it would be near impossible for him to become vegetarian, eat a healthy diet and have any variety of food available to him at all. But there's room for both of us in this world.

When I express opinions on the way I choose to do something, or an opinion I have, don't take it as my trying to convert you to my way of thinking. We can agree to disagree.

I simply mention this because I am about to compose a post on the wedding blog that may raise the ire of some of my readers, because I know there are several different approaches to life and mine is not the only way. I'm not saying because your way is different it is wrong, I am simply saying it is wrong FOR ME.

Just want to make sure we're all happy friends at the end of the day.

1 Comments:

Blogger lemming said...

(waits with baited breath)

It's your wedding. As long as you and TRP are happy with it, that's all that matters.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home