Sunday, February 20, 2005

Spring has Sprung

I know we're a bit off when you look at the calendar, but in the world of Swank Spring has sprung. My internal rhythyms follow those of the soil, where winter makes me hibernate under warm fuzzy blankets and take hot baths all day long. Spring makes me MOVE, must always keep moving, must not stop, must be productive and getting stuff done.

The transition to spring began yesterday. The agenda was easy enough - go to the gym, then go buy some towel racks for the bathroom. But there was a twist. Everyone has weird idiosyncracies that dictate decorating decisions. Mine is that I get claustrophobic in the shower if I do not have a clear vinyl shower curtain. I don't try to understand it, I just know that when it comes time to replace the shower curtain it's got to be of the clear vinyl variety. (There can be design on it, but at the base it must be clear vinyl). Sweetie's idiosyncracy involves towel racks. With his super-human strength he has a tendency to tear towel racks off the wall. So I decided that the new towel racks should be of the variety that screw directly into the wall, rather than the variety that hang on a mount that was screwed directly into the wall. I knew they existed, I've bought them in the past, but I didn't realize the lengths I would have to go to in order to procure such towel racks. They would have been easy to procure if I didn't mind super-ugly towel racks, but I desired an attractive rack on which to hang my towels. And in the end I settled for a towel rack that doesn't screw directly into the wall, but it has other mechanisms which will keep it secured to the wall. And don't ask me what those other mechanisms are, because I can't really explain, but they're there. And that was my Saturday in a nutshell.

Today the transition is complete. I've worked out, made the rounds to the grocery stores, made apple sauce, and before the day is done will also pack up some glassware and make some soup, plus also hope to clean the kitchen and get some laundry done. And don't be surprised if the towel racks get mounted and I start to make a dent in the CD organizing project that lays before me.

Spring is my favorite season of the year, so it makes perfect sense that an impatient person such as myself would get spring started early. And she's off...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home