Sunday, February 27, 2005

The Road to Recovery

It's been at least 5 hours since I've run a temperature, so it looks like I'll be let back into the bedroom tonight. As much as I love my couch, I miss sleeping with Sweetie. (Been camped out on the couch so he doesn't catch what I've caught).

I've been eating solid foods for a day and a half. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed chewing until I was stuck on an all clear diet.

I'm actually sitting in the La-Z-Boy typing this entry, rather than lying out on the couch.

That being said, I've about lost my voice from all the coughing. And almost had to take a nap after getting up to take a shower. So I'm nowhere near 100% yet. I suspect I'll take tomorrow off work, simply because I didn't think they'd take too kindly to me shutting the office door and curling up for a few nice naps during the day (which is what I suspect I'd have to do if I went in to work tomorrow).

But the real test that I am getting better is my intolerance to the stupid commercials that play during the stupid TV. After seeing it 5 million times over the last week I'm fairly sure I'm not hallucinating that Hootie (sans the Blowfish) is now wearing a cowboy outfit and hawking Burger King. Isn't that one sign of the apocalypse?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home