Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Good Morning!

For the record:

- I am OK with the fact that our entire condo complex needs to be re-sided since the idiots who put the most recent siding on didn't bother to take the old siding off.

- I'd prefer it were free, but I've come to terms with the fact that Sweetie and I will be putting a large sum of money toward this residing. We've decided that we will see an even larger increase in the value of the condominium, so it all works out in the end.

- All things considered I didn't have huge problems with the fact that Step 1 of the process (rip off all the old siding, down to the insulation) coincided with the flu. The pounding was annoying, but with a 101.9 fever you can sleep through darn about anything.

- I didn't mind the worker leaving the Nordic Track in the middle of the front hallway yesterday, requiring us to climb over it anytime we wished to enter the living room, dining room or kitchen.

See, I'm a pretty easy-going person, taking it all in stride. But here's the part I don't accept:

Step 2 of the process seems to involve going to each window in the condo, ripping it out, removing the windowsill, then replacing the window. I'm sure there's more at work than that, and that's not my complaint. My complaint is that there are several windows in the condos. Many of them are not in bedrooms. The workers are here from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm every day. With just a TEENY TINY bit of planning it would not be necessary for them to rip my bedroom window out at 8:05 am - also known as the precise time I am usually standing in the middle of the bedroom getting dressed.

Thankfully, at about 8:04 am I realized that the noise wasn't just pounding but was them about to rip the window out and had actually taken the time to lay my clothes out before getting dressed this morning. That meant I was able to grab my clothes and leap into the bathroom in the nick of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home