Thursday, February 24, 2005

Flu-tastic

This morning marked the third day in a row that my temperature topped 101, so a visit to the doctor was in order. The good news is that if the scale at the doctor's office is at all similar to the scale at the gym I've lost 5+ pounds in the last couple of weeks.

You know it's bad when the nurse takes your temprature and says, "Wow, that's high!" The doctor walked in the room, reviewed my symptoms, and declared I had the flu. The check-up was purely for formality sake.

So I now am on a mixture of Tylenol, Advil, and a prescription called Tamiflu. I was offered cough medicine with codeine as well, but the cough isn't all that bad. The diet consists of water, 7-up, Gatorade, Jello and chicken soup.

I'm camped out on the couch with really bad TV dozing in and out of consciousness, and that's my life for the forseeable future. It has to be really bad TV, because when you're dozing in and out of consciousness you don't want to be watching anything too compelling. The doctor said it may last up to a week, so I may not be back to work until next Wednesday. If I'm feeling better I can go back sooner, and if things aren't improved by Monday I go back to the doctor.

So I'm taking a brief hiatus from the blog for the time being. When your diet consists exclusive of clear things it's difficult to muster up the energy to type.

4 Comments:

Blogger TeacherRefPoet said...

Babe--

I don't like it when you're sick.

--Babe

6:56 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Yukko. Feel better.

5:57 AM  
Blogger lemming said...

Get well soon, but not too soon - Amazing Race starts March 1!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Shannin said...

One of the worst things about being sick is the bad daytime TV. Thank goodness for DVDs and TiVo.

Hope you're feeling better soon....

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home