Monday, April 18, 2005

The 2005 House of Swank

Apologies to Brian Lawrence, Oliver Perez, Jose Mesa, Cesar Izturis, Lyle Overbay, Adam Dunn, Jeff Weaver, Jerome Williams and Bartolo Colon for not remembering you earlier.

And it turns out Michael Barrett IS my backup catcher, good memory there.

But ultra-big, prostrating myself on the pitching mound apologies to Freddy Garcia for forgetting he's on my team. Because how could I forget my token Mariner? And yes, I know he's not a Mariner anymore, but with the expectations of the Mariners this season I didn't want to sully my roster with an actual Mariner, but settled on an alum instead.

Go M's!

4 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Ahem

(points at Ichiro)
.447 average. 'Nuff said.

(then points at Adrián Béltre)
11 hits, 11 runs.

(points at Jamie Moyer)
3 games, 2 wins, 0 losses, only 5 earned runs all season.

Those ain't exactly chopped liver, ya know.

6:11 PM  
Blogger TeacherRefPoet said...

Two of them were keepers (Ichiro and Beltre). Michelle pooh-poohed Moyer, who she had last year.

Of course, so did everyone else.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Swankette said...

Moyer will have more wins than K's come season end, and he's one of those inconsistent fellows who won't have a win for the month of June, then somehow manage 5 wins in a week. He definitely fits the geezer profile of a Swanker, but the consistency is most definitely not there.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

He may be short on Ks, but I can live with that as long as he's 3-0. ;-) If he starts being inconsistent, then he gets benched. I picked him up off waivers, after all. Didn't even spend a draft pick on him.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home