Sunday, September 18, 2005

Big, Bad Ben

This morning on Sunday NFL Countdown they did a feature regarding NFL players and motorcycle use. Ben Roethlisberger announced that he rides a motorcyle without wearing a helmet. His boss hasn't forbidden him, so it's his choice.

Well, Ben, you've got more than one coach you work for now. You were drafted onto "The New Kid" last weekend (my fantasy football team), and you were one of my highlight players last week. And although your coach over at the Steelers might not care if you don't wear a helmet, I care, and want you to start wearing a helmet immediately. Yes, I understand that you only ride in the off-season, and during the season you have a remote control motorcycle you play with, but just for safety's sake I'd like you to start wearing a helmet when you play with that as well.

You're in your second year in the NFL. You have a chance to be a cornerstone of my team for many years to come. Don't make me depend on Trent Green and Matt Hasselsuck for QB'ing duties! And don't go tell me I can go find myself another QB, because then I'll be stuck with the likes of Kyle Orton, and Ryan Leaf might be more desirable than that!

Seriously, dude, motorcycles are DANGEROUS! I'd prefer if you didn't ride one at all, but I've ridden on a motorcycle a couple of times in my life, so that would be hypocritical, but I must insist that you wear a helmet. I'd prefer if you wore full leathers, but I'll even accept it if you wear short sleeves and shorts as long as you have the helmet on!

Now, you're on the bench this week because of your shoulder problems. I'm expecting the loss, as I picked against you in the underdog pool (which I wouldn't have done if you were not injured, so don't go getting a complex or something), so you've got a week to think about it.

At least my other star player, Deuce McAllister, goes out and helps hurricane victims, so must be a good guy. I can only deal with one problem child at a time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Army of Mom said...

Ben rocks.

I need to go check my fantasy football team. I'm a bad owner while I have a full-time job. Two more weeks baby and then the gloves are off.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home