Friday, September 09, 2005

BINGBINGBINGBING!

This evening Sweetie and I are headed off to VEGAS BAY-BEE!

It will be my second time there. Last time was two years ago when I tagged along for Sweetie's fantasy football draft. This year I'm an expansion team in the league, so shall be drafting right alongside him, rather than escaping to the nickel slots for that time. I'm looking forward to it! As an expansion team I'm guaranteed to suck this year, so the fact that I'm practically clueless on how it all works will be a moot point. I get the first pick in the expansion draft, and looking at how things play out at the moment I will likely use that first pick to pilfer someone off Sweetie's team, but I could be wrong on that.

The thing I'm really most trepidatious about is Sunday, when we are in the Sports Book with the express purpose of watching all these NFL games play out. I perfectly enjoy watching football in the comfort of my own home, or even someone else's home, but it can be a bit overwhelming in the sports book. They've got ALL the games showing SIMULTANEOUSLY. Everyone will start cheering about something cool that happened in one of the games, but by the time I've figured out what screen they're looking at they're on to cheering about something else. According to Sweetie I just need to pay attention to teams that are in the red zone, which is all well and good, but it's not like they flag those screens special... maybe if they put a red outline around them or something it would be easier. Last time in town I used this for quality time with the nickel slots as well.

I'm a bit encouraged, as during last night's game I was able to make a call before the refs did. We won't dwell on the fact that the call was delay of game, so it simply entailed me looking at a clock on the screen and seeing that it said "0." Also, I'll have something at stake in watching these games. One of our fantasy football cohorts is giving Sweetie and I each a $50 bet as a wedding gift (we have the option of combining the bets, but have decided not to). Sweetie and I have made the rule that we must both bet on events that will be won or lost while we are still in Vegas, and I have made the additional rule for myself that it must be on football. No clue what that bet is going to be yet, but if you've got any suggestions let me know.

As it stands, the goal is to hit a huge jackpot so Sweetie and I can buy a house with the proceeds. We'll let you know on Monday how that plays out. Odds are against us.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannin said...

You should come to my house on Sunday - I have DirecTV's Sunday Ticket and I get all the games as well. I flip like a pro, baby.
I had my first draft on Tuesday. We have 8 in the league, and my opponent is already 20 points up on me because she started Kerry Collins in Thursday's game.
Have a lot of fun, and I hope you hit it big.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home