Thursday, September 15, 2005

The Power of Two

Today I strode up to the meat counter of my preferred grocery store and requested two slices of bacon. When you request two slices of bacon the meat-person helping you will not allow you to have said bacon without disclosing what you are using the bacon for -- skillet corn with bacon and onion. And I'm sure that they'll be talking about me all day today, in a not very positive manner, as that chick who came in to buy two slices of bacon.

But the beauty of bulk bacon is that you can buy EXACTLY how much you need, without having leftover temptation left in the house. Although, to be honest, I could have gotten away with just one slice of bacon, but I didn't want to go to the meat counter and request one slice of bacon.

A girl has her limits.

2 Comments:

Blogger kaphine said...

A classmate of REalsupergirl's used to go to Dunkin Donuts and order one single munchkin. The employees wouldn't know how to even ring that up, so often she'd receive a handful of munchkins--no charge.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Back in the day, I had no qualms about going into Giant Food and buying a quarter of a pound of deli meat, one roll, 2 or 3 slices of cheese, and asking them to slice the roll for me. Heck of a lot better than what you can get at Burger King for the same price.

But two slices of bacon - I bow to your l33t skillz.

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home