Monday, November 28, 2005

Diapers and Chains and CDs, OH MY!

Well, it's almost 12 hours later and the break-in is still annoying as hell.

The crooks didn't take the CD's I accused them of stealing, they were simply piled under a bunch of other crap. They did, however, take my chains. According to the officer I filed my police report with, chains never get stolen. So I'm special like that. It may actually save us $50 on the deductible -- I had bought the chains right after I got the car and never used them, but was too lazy to return them to Les Schwab. It sounds like the insurance company will just credit the cost of the chains towards my deductible, so if I don't replace them, we'll just pocket that cash for now.

But here's the really wacky part. I mentioned in my earlier post that it appeared there might be things in my car that did not belong to me. When the officer was out filing my report, he was digging through the crap in my car, and discovered that my gut reaction was correct. There were three adult diapers, unused, sitting on top of the crap that had been unloaded onto the passenger seat floor. The officer had never seen anything like this before, either. The only thing he could think was they used them to somehow assist in the breaking of the windows. I don't know, but I'm just thankful they aren't used.

In other good news, Sweetie carpooled to work today, so I was able to use his car to get to work and back. I'd really rather not drive a car with one window missing in freezing weather (although I get the honor tomorrow, since the glass replacement people will be coming to my office to get it done). In not-so-good news, somewhere in all of the drama and stress of this morning I tweaked my back, so I've been limping around all day and can barely stand to move.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

That sucks. I am sorry to hear all that.If I can do anything to help let me know.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home