Wednesday, November 02, 2005

First Thursday at the House of Swank

Sweetie and I are going to need to move soon, as we are surely outgrowing our condo. We managed to fit our clothes into the closet somehow, a wall-full of bookshelves has contained the den, prudent use of space in the living room contains the CDs, videos and DVDs, and thanks to a front entry closet I've managed to find homes for all of our kitchen stuff. But, there are not nearly enough walls for all of our artwork.

Friday I was commenting to Sweetie how wonderful our artwork is. Everything hanging in our home is a unique piece, created by someone we know and love or commissioned for us. So what happens? Saturday, we receive another piece. Monday, another one. And a third is on the way. We do not have enough wall space, people, so unless you're planning something to be hung from the ceiling (and keep in mind, the ceilings aren't that high) we've got to call and end to it! I THINK we've got spots for all of the newest pieces, so hopefully it will play out.

If not, next person to provide us with artwork has to provide a house to go along with it. (Don't worry, Tommyspoon, the photo your lovely wife took was Monday's surprise. It will likely be going in the hallway between the foyer and the living room, although I'm toying with some other ideas as well.)

6 Comments:

Blogger kaphine said...

More pictures, please (on the blog, not the walls).

9:23 PM  
Blogger Swankette said...

You're welcome to bring your camera when you're here later this month. :)

10:06 PM  
Blogger Shannin said...

I love the fact I have a lot of original art - my mom's paintings and my photographs. Only a few "commercial" pieces, but ones that "speak" to me.

I do have a few areas I could still put art. Of course, I've been neglecting my photography for the last year. I need to get out and do some local shots.

5:28 AM  
Blogger Eve said...

I have no sympathy. We have art piling up in our hall. We need a place the size of the MFA to house it all.

(Of course, what did I do when we went to NYC 2 weeks ago - bought a lovely piece of art from a Chinese watercolourist selling his work in front of the Met.)

9:45 AM  
Blogger Swankette said...

Eve -

Your front entry hall is long enough and wide enough that you could easily turn it into a huge display space.

9:50 AM  
Blogger tommyspoon said...

Glad you liked the picture! I think she did a great job, but then I'm slightly biased...

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home