Sunday, October 30, 2005

Fall Back

Happy return to standard time, everyone! Hopefully you enjoyed the extra hour of sleep this morning (I, most certainly, did)!

Today is the day that many people will replace the batteries in their smoke detectors. I plan on doing that tomorrow, as I didn't think of it until I was out and about today and I'm not quite sure what size batteries our detectors require.

I did, however, use the semi-annual nature of the clock-changing event to do something else today. I bought a new tube of mascara. You're supposed to replace mascara every 6 months, which I never think to do. Usually I just wait until the Clinique bonus includes mascara and swap it out then. Or wait until mine gets particularly clumpy and nasty and I can't handle it anymore. Not wearing mascara much that tends to happen.

However, I decided recently that I need to keep current with the mascara in the makeup cabinet. I'm not sure what prompted it. Perhaps the fact that I've been putting on makeup a lot more often recently with the job interviews and all.

I'm supposed to get the engagement and wedding rings cleaned and checked every 6 months as well. Valentine's day is just over 6 months after the anniversary, so I figure I'll use those events as the benchmarks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannin said...

I used to be so good at the battery changing...

I have so many tubes of mascara, mostly because I'm always doing the gift with purchase thing. I don't wear a lot of makeup so some are probably over a year old...

5:29 AM  
Blogger lemming said...

I'm with you 100% on the Clinique bonus packs - couldn't tell you the last time taht I bought a tube of mascara! I do need new lipstick, so perhaps I'll luck out and land something else for free from teh counter.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home