Monday, October 31, 2005

The End. Or, at least today's version.

The dream job ended up being not so dreamy at the interview. Although it would be challenging and pay well my schedule would be such that I would basically never be able to take a vacation with TRP, and I didn't see it leading down paths that were exciting to me once this job had played itself out. Add that to the issues of not being 100% behind the beliefs of the school and such, and it just wasn't a good fit.

I have officially accepted the job which I was offered. Pay is adequate, although not exciting, although as a non-profit it does come with such things as fully paid benefits for myself, an automatic contribution to a 401(k) plan and a raise after 3 months.

The start date is November 17, so I will not apply for anything new, but I may be willing to interview for opportunities in the meantime, but will be very picky on such invitations.

Thank goodness I was lazy and didn't get around to withdrawing from the temp agencies over the weekend, as I had originally planned on doing. Barring any temp gigs I think it may be time to clean out the closets, scour the condo head to toe, perhaps make some curtains. Any suggestions on how to fill my time?

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannin said...

I could use some new window treatments in our family room. What was left here was scavenged from the 1980s. Even though the house was built in 1996. I got rid of the worst ones but haven't tackled the family room yet.

Sorry the dream job wasn't so dreamy, but glad you realized that before it went any further...

2:21 PM  
Blogger lemming said...

Learn to crochet?

I used to spend each Winter Break perfecting a dish - be it chili, be it pad thai - just to know that I knew exactly what had to be done make it just right.

Then I started work on the diss...

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home