Thursday, October 27, 2005

They Like Me, They Really Like Me

Things are looking hopeful in the job front. Currently, here's what we've got going on:
  • Job that's a bit below my skills and qualifications, but offers me entry into a dream career (development), which I've interviewed for twice and they are supposed to be making a decision this week. Haven't heard anything yet, but when they were going to call me within a week to either schedule a second interview or tell me no thanks it took them two weeks.
  • Job as an insurance salesman, which isn't necessarily what I imagined for myself, but is a lucrative way to perhaps meet my employment goals - interview one on Monday afternoon. (It's a two interview process). This will be one that's as much my learning about them as them learning about me. I consulted with my insurance advisor (aka Dad) yesterday, and he gave the company the thumbs up and gave me some good questions to ask and things to look out for.
  • Dream job in which my faith may be called into question - interview on Monday. Two and a half hour long interview on Monday, which leads me to believe they're very selective about who they're talking to. Hour one is regarding my "Christian Committment" with one person, and the rest is with the eventual supervisor of the position.
Of course, that makes it really difficult to get the motivation to continue to send out applications and resumes and do other job-seeking activities for the day. But I'll be praying extra hard when I'm at church on Sunday. And my parents are in town on Monday (they don't want to be home for Halloween, because they get lame trick-or-treaters at their house), and given the location of interview #1, interview #2 and where they are staying, I could quite possibly arrange to have lunch with them between the two. Could be a nice release of all the nervous energy I'll be sure to have at the time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannin said...

Good luck with everything. At the very least, it's nice to have options. Couldn't work at job #3 seeing as I have two gay parents.

5:56 PM  
Blogger tommyspoon said...

I guess I should count my blessings that I've never had to ask questions about my religious beliefs in a job interview. My responses would probably make the interviewer's head spin right off!

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home