Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The Saga Continues

The crooks were smokers. So now my car smells like a used ashtray. Driving to work this morning with a garbage back for a window helped air things out a bit, but it's going to take some work to get the odor to dissapear.

So I'm condemned to a silent, stinky car for the time being. I think I'll be paying to have my car professionally detailed once I get done clearing everything off the floor and back into the glove box, side pockets, etc.

I believe one of my gloves was stolen, or is hiding from me. In exchange, the crooks left some body powder in the back seat of my car. Not sure what it's for or why they left it, but there it is. I'll be passing this information along to the officer when I call him with my stereo information tomorrow, and perhaps he can illuminate me.

The broken window has been replaced. And the window repair guy also vaccuumed up all the broken glass from the back seat and trunk. So my procrastination in that regard paid off. He also pointed out that the molding to the window is cracked, which does not immediately matter but should be replaced. So there's another call to the insurance company. Hopefully the place that is fixing the trim can also fix this.

This is turning into an huge headache. At least when you get into an accident you just need to get the car to the repair shop and pay the deductible. The professionals take care of the rest. But this is more an ongoing process.

And I promise to start blogging about other things soon. The back pain is starting to subside a bit. For now, that's just overwhelming the brain.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

RE: the smoky smell

Febreze is your friend. It is totally worth it. I don't work for whatever company makes the stuff, but I have used it successfully to get bar/cigarette smell out of my winter coat.

8:11 AM  
Blogger kaphine said...

I hate P & G (Proctor and Gamble). I live with a PETA member, so they're on the boycott list, but we've made an exception for Febreze. I know it's great on cat pee. It's worth it.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home