Monday, February 21, 2005

Happy President's Day!

I know it's not traditional to give gifts on President's Day, but that sudden spike of traffic you received to your website today? That was my gift to you.

I work in an industry that traditionally has all the lesser holidays off. Except our office barely takes all the major holidays off (I get 6 paid holidays a year). Sometimes that's a very good thing, because everyone up the chain is closed, so even dealing with people down the chain it gives a good opportunity to get caught up, cleaned up, and put some organization into my life. Today was not one of those days. Last week I somewhat purposefully left myself some messes to clean up. And due to a sudden fever I left work 3 hours early on Friday. And I was still done being productive by lunchtime.

When I have days like that at work I will often obsessively check out others blogs on the off chance that they have posted something interesting, ideally a lengthy article, to help dither away my time. Y'all dissapointed me today. I believe Veteran's Day is your next opportunity to make good on this, so make note and blog away.

3 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Aye aye, Cap'n! Sorry to have disappointed you. ;-)

10:25 AM  
Blogger Shannin said...

When I was in travel, we only had the major holidays off. Most of our clients had the minor ones off so those were good days to be in at work -- no phone calls....

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We get either MLK Day or President's Day. Most people take the latter, as we're still recovering from the holiday performance season in mid-January. I don't mind working either of those days: as Shannin said, no phone calls, and few people actually expect you to get anything accomplished on those days. Much more important is the fact that I get my birthday as a paid holiday.

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home