Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The Amazing Race 7: Episode 4

2007. It must be sad to know that's the latest you'll see life on this planet. That must be why Ray is such a dick all the time. Because if I knew at the best I only had 2 years left to live I'd be pretty annoyed all the time and I might take it out on those around me. You think this is a preposterous assumption I'm making? Well, Ray made a comment this evening that Meredith and Gretchen, the token old people of the race, are "a couple of decades past where they need to be." Yes, that is a quote from the show. Thanks to TiVo I double-checked.

So let's follow the logic: They're a couple of decades past where they need to be. Gretchen is 66, so that would mean 46 is really as far as you need to make it in life. (Man, that sucks!) Ray is 44, so he's got two years left. Yeah, I know I've joked about the token old people from season #1, but as a participant of the race there's no reason to be an ageist.

When I made my predictions before the season a friend of Ray's posted a comment to my blog commenting that Ray was not cocky, that he was one of the nicest guy's he knew. So, apparentlyh, Ray is not only an ageist bastard, he's got stupid friends as well. Sorry anonymous poster, whoever you were, but you can only edit material that is there, and Ray is turning out to be a bit of a dick.

Thankfully, with the whiny son gone, there are only two teams I despise left in the race. Even the sacrificial lamb gay boys have grown on me. This is a welcome respite from last season where by the end of the race I pretty much hated everyone.

In all, it was a rather blah episode, with the greatest thrills coming in the scenes from next week's show. They leave South America (FINALLY!) for what appears to be Africa, Gretchen gets a head wound and Brian and Greg are going to roll a car. I'm thinking the special 2 hour episode is just to deal with the chaos involved with those two events, but only time will tell if I am right or I am wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home