Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

Well, I submitted my keepers for my fantasy baseball league today, and I'm happy to say there's not a Brave among them.

So, without further ado here are the first seven members of the 2005 House of Swank:

Michael Young, Shortstop

Todd Helton, First Baseman

Octavio Dotel, Relief Pitcher. In addition to not being a Brave you can refer to him as "O, Do Tell" which is fun.

And four players who have been on the team since it's inception in 2002. Juan Pierre was off the team for half a season, and it's the worst half season we've ever had:

Juan Pierre, Outfield. The first player for the House of Swank, and the only current player in the major leagues that I saw play while in the minors and actually remember. Which is especially cool because although I enjoyed baseball back in the day, I was not near the fan then that I am now.

Curt Schilling, Starting Pitcher. The second player for the House of Swank. He may use steroids and have a bum ankle, but he can still pitch. He also ensures I maintain the "geezer" factor, which always seems to be a necessity on my teams. (Last season he was complemented with Jamie Moyer and Benito Santiago.)

Roy Halladay, Starting Pitcher.

Jimmy Rollins, Shortstop. The last couple of seasons I've dropped him off the team then picked him up again in the draft. Which means that this season I won't get to hear the joke when I draft him of, "Oh, I loved his work in Black Flag." Speaking of which, I think I'm going to name Henry Rollins manager of my team. He will bring the proper attitude to the House of Swank locker room.

The team will be filled out on Sunday, April 3. The burning question that you'll have to ponder until then is whether or not Desi Relaford will make it back onto the squad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Am I allowed to pout that I did not get Juan in my draft this year? I've managed to get him every season until now, but our leage does not allow us to carry over any players.

I did get fellow Portland Rockies alum Chone Figgins, though, but that's small comfort.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home