Wednesday, July 27, 2005

New Blogger on the Block - Part 2

One of my fellow speech geeks in high school was a fellow by the name of Wes. He drove a big moster of a car - if memory serves it was a Grand Torino, but I could be wrong on that. The important thing to know is it was one of those big ass cars of the 1970's that could seat about 10 comfortably. And if you needed room for more, five people could like down in the trunk without infringing on the others' personal space. It's name was "The Cold Blooded Whore," and for a big chunk of time it was painted primer pink.

I knew the car well, as being a bit young for my grade I often begged rides off him. By the time we graduated high school the car had a kick-ass paint job, but the guts left something to be desired. He carried around cases of oil, brake fluid, etc., in the trunk, and would frequently need to stop and refill.

Well, apparently Wes has developed some guilt for what he did to the environment once upon a time, and has decided to atone for his sins. From an e-mail he recently sent to me (and several others):
I left the gaming industry (again) due to burnout (again). In addition, I've been doing research for the past couple of years in the area of global resource depletion (most notably, peak oil), and have decided to make a lifestyle change to prepare for the difficulties I believe are coming. So this city boy and hi-tech geek bought a 24 acre plot of land in the country, and together with my partner and some friends, we're trying to learn to live off the land.

And he's started a blog to document it all. Sounds like there have already been some rather entertaining adventures.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannin said...

I just saw something similar on "30 Days." They took 2 urban people (a bartender and a DJ from The Bronx) and dumped them on a farm called "Dancing Rabbit." They had to grow their own vegan food, recycle their own waste, convert diesel cars to run on veggie oil, install solar panels for electricity, etc. Very interesting...Don't know if I could do it full time, but sometimes I think I should be doing more to help out Mother Nature.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home