Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Stone Me, Now

Today I had a hot stone massage. It was a gift I had received last Christmas that I had never gotten around to using. The certificate expires in under a month, and I figured it would be easiest to take advantage of while I didn't have to work around a 7:30 - 4:00 schedule.

90 minutes of heaven.

This was not my first massage, but it was my first hot stone massage. I'm not sure if it was the type of massage, the masseuese, the fact that it was 90 minutes long, or the fact that I didn't think I had a lot of stress going into the thing, but it really was divine.

There are hot stones just sitting on you, or you're holding, during the whole thing and they just seem to draw all the ickiness out of you. And although I THOUGHT I was stress-free going in, there was definitely some stuff going on the masseuse had to work out of me, and she definitely had the skill to push me to the edge when working something out, then moving on to something else rather than just pounding on one spot until it killed me.

I got so relaxed I almost fell asleep. I was in that half sleep/half awake state where you're almost dreaming but are still kind of aware of everything that's going on around you.

And I will definitely be sleeping well tonight.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shannin said...

I love, love, love hot stone massages. I have one scheduled for 11/26 - can't wait!

7:01 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Oooooh - never had one before, but I'm sold now. I'd been trying to decide how to treat myself for surviving my first quarter of grad school (3 weeks left and counting) and that may very well be a winner.

7:31 PM  
Blogger kaphine said...

When I was undergoing intense chiropractic treatment, they were starting my sessions with weighted heating pads. Mmmmmmm. A Hot Stone massage sounds heavenly.

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home