Monday, December 05, 2005

All Swankette Wants for Christmas...

Dear Santa:

Sorry for the delay in getting my list out to you, but between the car break-in and the bad back, presents have been the farthest thing from my mind the last week. And while I'm thinking about it, you may want to find a method of entering the House of Swank other than the chimney this year. I do not know if it has EVER been swept, and have not gotten around to calling anyone about it yet (seemed a low priority during the spell of unemployment), so you could really do a nasty number on your back if you try sliding down there.

So, here's what I'd like, in no particular order:

Soundblaster MP3+, to transfer my cassettes and albums to digital format. I've been told by a reputable source that you can get them at Fry's, but I bet they're available elsewhere as well. This would pair nicely with a bunch of blank CD's with cases, so that once the music is digitized I can actually play it on my CD player.

Knitting lessons. I think I'd like to take them from the eastside location of Hilltop Yarn, but am not adamant on that. However, I do want to take a class with a real live person and not just try out of a book. This would pair nicely with some knitting supplies, since I've got nothing. Hilltop Yarn has a supply list available. I trust them to know what they're talking about.

A really nice, professional detail job on my car. The kind where they spend a long time and vaccuum or Armor-All every square inch of the car. If I don't get it for Christmas, I'm splurging on it for myself, to eliminate all final traces of the crooks. Sweetie had a really good job done on his car immediately prior to the wedding, so can probably recommend some good locations.

Registration in a Break Into Voice-Overs class through Discover U. I've been told by folks in acting and radio that I've got a good voice for voice-over work, and it would be interesting to pursue this. I've wanted to take this class for a while now, but have never actually gotten around to signing up for it.

Of course, if you wanted to buy Sweetie and I a two-bathroom home we'd graciously accept the gift, and you would be exempt from any gift-giving requirements for many years to come. :)

I've been ogling some shoes over on Dansko's site recently (I'm a size 39):
These in cherry
These in probably plum, or maybe green. Yes, they are outrageous and will probably rarely be worn, but I thought the same thing about the patent red leather shoes when I bought them, and they're a wardrobe staple now. And I'm leaning towards the plum over the green because of the fuzzy green cow-print boots I have -- how many outrageous pairs of shoes in one color family can a girl own?
These in red crocprint. Because I own no crocodile print shoes. And that's a pity.

And then there are the old standards - gift certificates for CDs, spa services, or clothes. I specifically am not mentioning books, because Sweetie and I still have some gift certificates to spend from the wedding, so I think I'm good there.

Man, I'm looking like a big consumerist right now, aren't I? But several people have specifically asked me what I want for Christmas this year, and now they know the answer and have a wide array of items to choose from. Of course, anything they might choose for me I'm sure I'll adore. Except my mother MUST buy me a Pez dispenser or I will cry. I haven't received a Pez dispenser since last Christmas, so it's as if no holidays have happened.

Love,

Swankette

2 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Those shoes.... <drool>

8:18 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Oh jeez ... must not let A see that web site.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home