Monday, August 08, 2005

New Blogger on the Block - Part 3

I promise to get back to writing real blog posts soon (although there is some final activity occurring over on the wedding blog for those who are interested), but I am thankful that friends are coming out of the woodwork starting blogs, to give me something to post in the interim.

And this story is, perhaps, the bestest of all. Everyone welcome Bud to the blogosphere! Bud is one of my most favoritest people in the world, and definitely wins the prize for most unique introduction ever.

In 1987 we were both attendees at the Episcopal Youth Event held at Trinity University in San Antonio, Texas (which, for those keeping score at home, is also one of the four institutions of higher education I have attended). He and some of his friends had met up with my roommate and some of my friends at some point (have no idea where I was at this point of the story), and at some point they all ended up in our dorm room. My electric razor was sitting out, and Bud was curious as to what it was like to have shaved legs. So he helped himself.

My friends informed me that a person they had recently met had tried out my electric razor, so as to explain the long hairs left behind, and I met Bud a day or two later. I believe one of the first things I said to him was along the lines of, "Oh, so you're the guy who shaved his legs with my razor!" And the rest, as they say, is history.

Bud definitely wins prize for most drama involved in getting to the wedding (and the MOH and her partner got stranded in Phoenix for the night thanks to America West, so that's saying something), you can read the story over on his blog.

But here's the most coolest part of all: so Sweetie and I had this little wedding a week ago, perhaps you've heard about it? And one of our goals in the wedding was to bring all the people we know and love together to meet because they should all know and love each other as well. And it was thanks to GrigorPDX (who met Bud at the wedding) that I learned Bud has a blog!

So welcome, Bud, and thanks, GrigorPDX!

3 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

OK ... I'd hesitated to tell this story publicly (discretion being the better part of valor) and decided not to include it on my original blog post. The cat's out of the bag now, though!

As we were wading through the parade traffic on the way to the reception with Bud and BDMama and her little Jedi, out of the blue Bud pipes up and asks, "Has Swankette ever told you about the guy who shaved his legs with her razor?"

The Rest Us: "Uh, no!"

Bud: "Oh. Never mind." And then he clams up.

It's a good thing we were not actually moving at the time or I might have driven off the road because we were all laughing so hard.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Swankette said...

Um since when has discretion ever been part of our vocabulary? I don't think "Squeeze the Tail" became part of our vernacular because we like to hold our tongues.

And with as many tangents as conversations have taken over the years, can you believe that it never got around to a guy shaving his legs with my razor? I guess that just means we've got a lot more years of conversations ahead of us.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Bud said...

If I may, Swankette deserves half of the responsibility for us becoming friends. SHE is the one who left her razor lying around out in the open in the first place for any nut to use( but I am glad she did.) Great times, great friends, great wedding. Thanks Swankette for saying such nice things. You are one of my favooritist people too.

Love,Bud

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home